For open source MOPs release notes, please see the Releases page on GitHub.
- Added MOPs+ Magnetize.
- Added Filtering options to MOPs+ Camera Blender.
- Fixed a broken channel reference in MOPs+ Camera Blender that prevented rotation order from being properly applied in Euler mode.
- Fixed a bug in MOPs Apply Attributes DOP that caused object scales to be reset when applying forces in “Position/Rotation” mode.
- Updated the rotation behavior in MOPs Noise Modifier DOP to be smoother with less flipping.
- Improved aiming behavior in MOPs Aim to be more consistent with less flipping.
- Fixed a bug in MOPs Roll DOP that prevented rolling from happening before collisions, even with “Wait for Collisions” disabled.
- Updated the
- MOPs Stepper now has a “Uniform” toggle for vector parameters.
- The MOPs Fetch Attribute DOP group parameter now has a dropdown to find groups from the processed object.
- Fixed an activation bug that would throw an error if a user tried to activate when any network viewer was not in Object or Geometry contexts.
- Added Local Axis controls to MOPs+ Aim DOP. This allows you to more precisely choose your local forward and up vectors.
- Added revised “Camera Index” mode to MOPs+ Camera Blender. This allows you to blend cameras based on the camera number instead of a normalized 0-1 value.
- Added “Attribute Detach” options to MOPs+ Move Along Spline DOP. This allows you to detach from the path based on an attribute threshold.
- Made several bugfixes to MOPs+ Apply Attributes DOP to create more predictable behavior, especially when chaining multiple MOPsDOPs and POP forces together.
- The MOPs+ Attribute Mapper can now apply operator or file paths to multiple rows at once by selecting rows before clicking the selector button.
- Added a “Normalize Attribute” button to MOPs+ Attribute Mapper. This quickly normalizes a float attribute’s values in the table for easy use with Falloffs.
- Fixed composition guide thickness in MOPs+ Camera Blender.
- Added an example file for MOPs+ Aim DOP.
- Added an example file for MOPs+ Fetch Attributes and Vellum constraints. This shows how to use MOPs+ Fetch Attributes to easily modify constraint attributes mid-simulation.
- Added an example file for MOPs+ Stepper.
- Added an instance path example network to the MOPs+ Attribute Mapper example file. This shows how you can use the Mapper to influence instance paths.
- Updated MOPs+ Attribute Mapper documentation with a visual guide.
- Added the MOPs+ Stepper SOP. This quantizes transform and other point attributes to fixed intervals (i.e. 45-degree or 0.1-unit increments).
- Made several improvements to MOPs Camera Blender:
- Removed “Fit Type” parameter. The “Accurate” fit type is now the default and only interpolation mode.
- Improved the camera interpolation so that with default settings the path will always pass perfectly through each input camera.
- Paths are now properly calculated for 2-camera and 3-camera setups. Paths are by necessity linear in these situations; you must use post-smoothing options or a custom path for 3-camera setups (this is because Bezier curves require at least four control points).
- Added post-interpolation path smoothing options.
- Added an “Export Raw Path” button to go with the “Export Path” button. This allows you to start from an interpolated path when customizing.
camera_blender_custom.hipto the examples. This shows how to use other MOPs nodes to influence a custom camera path.
- Added a new default “Accurate” interpolation mode to MOPs Camera Blender. This can be controlled via the “Fit Type” parameter.
- Added the ability to change the visible thickness of composition guides in MOPs Camera Blender.
- Added MOPs+ Camera Blender.
- Added “Pulse” function to MOPs Waveforms.
- Fixed a bug in MOPsDOPs Apply Attributes that mistakenly set
idattribute -1 in Vellum and other particle simulations.
- Fixed Python3 compatibility in MOPs Shape Falloff DOP.
- Made several changes to MOPs RBD Runtime Constraints:
- The Mask parameter now requires both objects involved in an impact to be included in the Mask for a collision to register. This excludes static objects like Ground Plane DOPs.
- The constraint orientation is now based on the
p@orientattribute instead of the transform intrinsic. This should result in more stable orientations on impact.
- This DOP can now differentiate correctly between multiple DOP objects in collisions.
- Added MOPs RBD Runtime Constraints DOP.
- Added MOPs Waveforms.
- Added example files for the two new operators.
- Fixed a bug in MOPs+ Combine Falloffs that prevented DOP Falloffs from functioning in Python3 builds of Houdini.
- Scaling in both local and world space, with support for the
mops_orientattribute, now works properly in MOPs+ Apply Attributes DOP, to match the recent changes to MOPs Apply Attributes SOP.
- Fixed a bug that caused Houdini to crash while collapsing MOPs+ Typography into a subnet in Python 2 builds of Houdini.
- Fixed the “Inside”, “Outside” and “Surface Distance” modes on MOPs+ Object Falloff DOP.
- Added MOPs Fetch Attribute DOP.
- Fixed a bug in MOPs Typography and MOPs Edit that prevented compatibility with Python 3 builds of Houdini.
- Fixed a bug in MOPs Typography that caused letter index attributes to be generated incorrectly with multi-line text imported from a file.
- Refactored all Python code for Python 3 compatibility. Note that this change will cause the stored table data in MOPs Attribute Mapper to be invalid. You will need to repopulate any MOPs Attribute Mapper tables. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Fixed a bug in the Activation process that threw an error if the button was clicked outside a SOP network.
- Fixed an unlikely bug in the Apply Attributes DOP that could break snapping behavior.
- Fixed bug in activation that threw an error when trying to re-activate an activated license.
- Clarified activation procedure.